Neighbourhood Plan Review 2019
Letter to Secretary of State for Housing
We have sent a plea to the Secretary of State for Housing regarding Arun's 5 year housing supply and the threat to our villages from developers using the Covid-19 crisis to push for extra planning consents. The letter can be read here.
Arun District Council revised HELAA
Arun District Council has recently published its revised Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA). We are concerned that this contains a number of inaccuracies which will adversely impact our region.
We have submitted a formal response to Arun.
We have now received a reply from Arun, which can be read here.
We are currently reviewing the Walberton Parish Neighbourhood Plan.
Thank you to almost 400 of you who completed the survey. The full results are available here.
Arun District Council require us to have a Strategic Environmental Assessement (SEA) done and we have secured grants for technical support for the SEA and the assessment of our potential housing sites.
Further information and supporting documents
Neighbourhood Plan Open Day
The Open Day was scheduled for 21st March but has had to be cancelled due to the Coronavirus situation. The full set of displays and information can be found here.
The draft version of the Reg 14 Plan can be found here. All of the supporting documents and policy details can be read in the Evidence Base.
Sites proposed for inclusion in the Neighbourhood Plan
26 sites were assessed by AECOM, the Neighbourhood Plan’s professional advisors. These included sites put forward by landowners and those in Arun DC's HELAA (Housing & Economic Availability Assessment)
- Site B. Land to the west of the A27 Fontwell
(The National Trust land)
Reasons for including in NDP:
- AECOM recommended inclusion for 40 homes
- It is adjoining the built-up area in a sustainable location with easy access to bus and cycle routes and does not have major constraints so is considered suitable.
- The National Trust (NT) plans to develop the land to fund necessary restoration work on their Slindon Estate
- Adjacent land at Lanes End has been approved by ARUN
- The NT land will be surrounded by approved development and the A27
- ADC are certain to grant planning permission for housing here
- HELAA report says “As at Sept 2019 - Promoter has estimated that submission of full planning application to be around June - Sept 2020 and completion of last dwelling to be in 2023” and this is based on 55 houses.
- The NPD Team had discussions with the NT following their initial proposals for up to 95 dwellings resulting the revised proposal presented today, namely:
- Reduction to 40 dwellings which includes 4 Flats
- Provision of land for an urgently needed Community Child Care facility at Fontwell
- Provision of a LEAP (Local Equipped Area for Play)
- Open space and walkway along the A27 boundary
- Site 12. Land at Gracelands Farm
Reasons for including in NDP:
- AECOM recommended inclusion for 2 houses
- The site meets local policy
- It is adjacent to the BUAB and adjacent to a site that has recently been granted planning permission for 8 houses
- There are no major physical constraints